AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting & AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting eLearning and Books (EC113865)
Accounts is one of the most important parts of a business, and Accountants are a highly sought-after commodity in today’s environment. As the old saying goes, money makes the world go round, and there is no-one more in tune with money and figures than an Accountant.
Our AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate & Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting package combines the most popular AAT qualification with their Level 3 Advanced Diploma to give you an ideal track into the world of accounting and finance. The Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting will give you a strong grounding in accounting principles and techniques, before the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting will take your understanding to the next level with more advanced accounting tasks.
This package has no prerequisites as it will build your understanding from the ground up, but it’s recommended you have a good standard of English and Maths before you undertake any of AAT’s qualifications.
Your package will include access to our Mentor+ platform for both levels, where you will have access to an experienced AAT tutor. You will be guided throughout your time on the course on every aspect of the materials, right through to advice on how you can book your examinations.
Key Learning Points
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
- Understanding an organisation’s cost recording system and using it to record or extract data.
- Using spreadsheets to convey information on actual and budgeted income and expenditure.
- Entering data at the start of an accounting period to set up customer and supplier accounts in accounting software.
- Recording and processing customer and supplier transactions.
- Recording and reconciling bank and cash transactions.
- Processing and using journals to enter accounting transactions.
- Production of reports.
- Understanding an organisation’s accounting or payroll function.
- Using numeracy and literacy communication skills.
- Working independently or in a team to prioritise tasks and manage colleagues’ responsibilities.
- Understanding ethical values, principles and importance of confidentiality.
- Understanding and explaining benefits to organisations of sustainable values.
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions.
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences.
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes.
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book.
- Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book.
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance.
- Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals.
- Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal.
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book.
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies.
- Understanding requirements of retention and storage relating to bank documents.
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Apply the principles of double-entry bookkeeping through demonstrating the accounting equation, classifying assets, liabilities and equity in an accounting context
- The purpose and use of books of prime entry and ledger accounting
- How to carry out financial period end routines
- Implementing procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Identifying capital expenditure and the importance of prior authority for capital expenditure
- Differentiating between funding methods for acquisition of non-current assets
- Calculating and recording depreciation
- Record period end adjustments through accrual and prepayments in income and expense accounts
- How to record irrecoverable debts and allowances for doubtful debts
- How to prepare and carry out adjustments to the trial balance
- Distinguish between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce accounts for sole traders
- Produce accounts for partnerships
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
Advantages of the Course
- Annual AAT membership fee worth £147 INCLUDED
- The perfect package to build a career in accounting and finance either from the very start, or as part of a continued professional development plan
- Free study plan included so track your progress and develop in a maintainable way
- 24/7 access to the course content on our learner platform
- One year’s access to the Level 2 course content and 15 months access to the Level 3 course content, so you can complete your studying in your own time and at your own pace
- Interactive, engaging course materials to help you pass the all-important exams and get qualified
AAT courses are offered by e-Careers Ltd, an approved training provider
This package includes
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting & AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting Books£1,000View More
AAT - Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)£695View More
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)£695View More